Deniece Williams - Black Butterfly - The Essentian Niecy 2-cd.
• Deniece Williams was one of the most popular soul artists of the seventies and eighties. BLACK BUTTERFLY – THE ESSENTIAL NIECY is her first ever 2CD complete career retrospective, featuring all 27 of her Billboard R&B hit singles and classic album tracks. As well as an interview with the lady herself, the album includes a foreword written by her occasional duet partner, the legendary Johnny Mathis.
• Deniece was born in Gary, Indiana and after releasing some singles on Chicago labels, became Stevie Wonder’s backing singer and a member of Wonderlove. After a performance in 1976, Earth, Wind & Fire’s Maurice White offered her a contract as a songwriter for Kalimba Productions and convinced her to re-launch her own recording career.
• Her Columbia debut album, THIS IS NIECY was produced by White and Charles Stepney. Its first single was a huge success. ‘Free’ penned by Williams and Susaye Greene reached #2 R&B, #25 Pop and topped the UK singles chart in 1977. ‘That’s What Friends Are For’ followed it into the UK top ten at #8. Her next album SONG BIRD was produced by White, after the death of Stepney. It spun off the hit ‘Baby, Baby My Love’s All For You’ (R&B #13/UK #32) and the gospel-toned ‘God Is Amazing’ which began Williams’ continuing career as an Inspirational artist.
• 1978 saw Deniece pair up with Johnny Mathis for the massive international hit ‘Too Much, Too Little, Too Late’ (R&B #1/Pop #1/UK #3) as well as a duet album with him. The following year brought her a #1 Disco hit with ‘I’ve Got the Next Dance’ (R&B #26/Pop #73), and she scored hits in the early eighties with ‘What Two Can Do’ (R&B #17), ‘Silly’ (R&B #11/Pop #53) and ‘It’s Gonna Take A Miracle’ (R&B #1/Pop #10), all produced by Thom Bell and Deniece, as well as the George Duke produced ‘Do What You Feel’ (R&B #9). Her duet with Mathis on ‘Without Us’ became the theme of popular sitcom “Family Ties” starring Michael J. Fox.
• Williams was asked to perform a song for the “Footloose” soundtrack in 1984. The movie starring Kevin Bacon became a box-office smash, as did the soundtrack album. The Duke-produced ‘Let’s Hear It For The Boy’ (R&B #1/Pop #1/UK #2) became the biggest pop hit of her career. She continued recording for Columbia until 1988, rounding out the decade with another couple of big hits; the Steve Levine produced ‘Never Say Never’ (R&B #6) and ‘I Can’t Wait’ (R&B #8/Pop #66) which saw her back with George Duke.
• Big Break Records proudly presents BLACK BUTTERFLY – THE ESSENTIAL NIECY, which includes all of her chart hit singles from 1976-1989. Newly remastered with rare single mixes and presented in a deluxe digipak complete with a 24-page booklet and detailed liner notes. This collection is a must for all Soul, Pop, Gospel and Disco fans everywhere!
CD 1 :
1 Free 5:58
2 Baby Baby My Love's All for You (Single Version) 4:08
3 What Two Can Do 3:54
4 I Found Love 3:51
5 It's Gonna Take a Miracle 4:11
6 Too Much, Too Little, Too Late (Duet with Johnny Mathis) 3:00
7 Waiting By the Hotline 3:41
8 It's Your Conscience (Single Version) 3:54
9 Waiting (Single Version) 3:34
10 Silly 5:58
11 If You Don't Believe 7:59
12 God Is Amazing 4:01
13 You're All I Need to Get By (Duet with Johnny Mathis) 2:39
14 That's What Friends Are for 4:26
15 The Boy I Left Behind 3:35
16 I've Got the Next Dance (12" Version) 6:25
17 'Cause You Love Me Baby 4:08
18 When Love Comes Calling 3:27
CD 2 :
1 Let's Hear It for the Boy (12" Version) 6:02
2 Do What You Feel (Single Version) 4:09
3 Without Us - Theme from "Family Ties" (Duet with Johnny Mathis) 4:03
4 I Can't Wait (Single Version) 4:27
5 I'm So Proud 3:55
6 Black Butterfly 4:28
7 Next Love 4:35
8 Never Say Never (12" Version) 5:09
9 Wiser and Weaker 5:15
10 I Confess (Single Version) 3:54
11 All I Need 4:15
12 Healing 4:48
13 Every Moment (Single Remix) 4:23
14 This Is As Good As It Gets 4:31
15 You're All That Matters 5:19
16 Love Won't Let Me Wait (Duet with Johnny Mathis) 4:17
17 Why Can't We Fall in Love 4:42
Label : Big Break Records
Barcode : 5013929065536
If you want to order this great album and live outise the Netherlands, no problem.
We shipped worldwide en paypments can be done isn $, GBP & Euro by Paypal.
Ask for the right post & shipping amount.
Send e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Verzendkosten / Post shipping : choose 1 cd.