The Washington DC-based DYNAMIC SUPERIORS signed with Motown Records in 1975 after spending several years honing their skills as popular performers in and around D.C. With pioneering openly gay lead singer Tony Washington, the quintet’s soulful vocal harmonies made them a natural fit for the label who hired then former Motown staff producers (the late) Nick Ashford & Valerie Simpson to work on the group’s first two Motown albums.
• The self-titled Dynamic Superiors album (including the U.S. R&B hit single, “Shoe Shoe Shine” ) and the follow-up set, Pure Pleasure were reissued by SoulMusic Records in 2010 (SMCR 25003) and has become the label’s best-selling reissue to date.
• Working with an array of top producers - including Brian Holland (of Holland-Dozier-Holland), Hal Davis (known for his hits with Jackson 5, Thelma Houston and others) and the top songwriting team of Marilyn McLeod & Pam Sawyer among others - the group’s third album YOU NAME IT kept the Dynamic Superiors in the public spotlight as the group found themselves on shows with the likes of The Jackson 5 and Stevie Wonder.
• Highlight tracks include the dance-oriented “Stay Away” and “I Can’t Stay Away (From Someone I Love),” the ballad, “If I Could Meet You” and the infectious “I Can’t Afford To Be Poor.”
• Motown fans will be happy to see YOU NAME IT (released in 1976) making its worldwide CD debut. With notes by longtime UK-based Motown authority Sharon Davis, this expanded edition includes the ‘A’ and ‘B’ sides of the album’s lone U.S. single.
1. Stay Away
2. Looking Away
3. Many Many Changes
4. Before The Street Lights Come On
5. I Can't Stay Away (From Someone I Love)
6. Supersensuousensation (Try Some Love)
7. If I Could Meet You
8. I Can't Afford To Be Poor
9. I Can't Stay Away (From Someone I Love) (US Single)
10. Supersensuousensation (Try Some Love) (US Single)
Label : Smcr. 5051
Ean : 5013929075139
Ook Verkrijgbaar :