• Detroit native Freda Payne (who began her career in her teens) was already a seasoned performer and recording artist (working with Duke Ellington and Billy Eckstine among others) by the time she became an international hit-maker thanks to her early ‘70s Invictus hits such as the classic ‘Band Of Gold,’ ‘Bring The Boys Home,’ ‘Deeper And Deeper’ and ‘Cherish What Is Dear To You,’
• After a two-year stint at ABC Records, the songstress signed with Capitol Records in 1976 and released her debut album for the label “Stares And Whispers” (reissued as an expanded edition by SoulMusic Records in 2011, SMCR-5021).
• Her sophomore album for Capitol, SUPERNATURAL HIGH was produced by (the late) Skip Scarborough renowned for his work as a songwriter (with tunes like “Can’t Hide Love” for Earth, Wind & Fire). While the focus was on dance-oriented tracks like a medley of the ‘30s tune, ‘Happy Days Are Here Again’ coupled with Scarborough’s own ‘Happy Music,’ ‘Pullin’ Back’ (co-written by Freda’s then-husband Gregory Abbott) and ‘Living For The Beat,’ standout ballads such as ‘Just The Thought Of You And Me Together (Supernatural High)’ (co-written by Philly music legend Thom Bell) and ‘Storybook Romance,’ (written by Freda’s sister Scherrie) made the album a treasured gem among Freda’s fans globally.
• This expanded edition of the album (making its’ worldwide CD debut) includes notes by renowned US writer Kevin Goins with quotes from Freda herself (who cites the album as a strong personal favourite) and sister Scherrie.
1. Happy Days Are Here Again/Happy Music (Dance the Night Away)
2. Pullin' Back
3. Tell Me Please
4. Just the Thought of You and Me Together (Supernatural High)
5. Livin' for the Beat
6. Falling in Love
7. I'll Do Anything for You
8. Storybook Romance
9. Happy Days Are Here Again/Happy Music (Dance the Night Away) [US Capitol Single Edit]
Label : Soul Music Records
If you want to order this great album and live outise the Netherlands, no problem.
We shipped worldwide en paypments can be done isn $, GBP & Euro by Paypal.
Ask for the right post & shipping amount.
Send e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org