NOT AVAILABLE / NIET LEVERBAAR.
Gladys Knight & The Pips - Life
• GLADYS KNIGHT & THE PIPS formed in their native Atlanta in 1952 as The Pips. After recording with Brunswick Records in 1958 a later session resulted in a fine version of Johnny Otis’s ‘Every Beat Of My Heart.’ Gladys’s bluesy, compelling vocals brought ‘Every Beat…’ to the attention of Vee-Jay Records who subsequently leased and propelled the single to the top of the US R&B charts and top ten in the Pop charts in 1961. By this point the group were now credited as Gladys Knight and The Pips and had settled on the classic line up of Merald “Bubba” Knight, William Guest, Edward Patton and the “Empress Of Soul” herself, Gladys.
• After stints with Fury and Maxx records the group signed with the Motown subsidiary Soul in 1966 heralding a period of great success with countless hit singles including the original version of ‘I Heard It Through The Grapevine,’ ‘The Nitty Gritty’ and ‘Friendship Train’ before joining Buddah Records in 1973 and hitting their greatest stride with hits such as ‘Midnight Train To Georgia,’ ‘I’ve Got To Use My Imagination,’ ‘Best Thing That Ever Happened To Me,’ ‘On and On’ and ‘Baby Don’t Change Your Mind’. In 1980 the group signed with Columbia Records and enjoyed a further series of hits in the eighties with ‘Landlord,’ ‘Bourgie, Bourgie’ and the R&B chart-topper ‘Save The Overtime (For Me)’.
• The final album they cut for Columbia was LIFE, which saw the group embrace the contemporary R&B production sounds of the mid-eighties without losing their soul or their individuality. LIFE was produced by Gladys and Bubba Knight with veteran soul producer Sam Dees. The album also featured productions from Leon Sylvers III, fresh from producing hits for Shalamar, Evelyn King and The Brothers Johnson. The album became yet another top forty success for the group and spun off three R&B chart singles, the biggest of which was ‘My Time’ which made #16 R&B in the spring of 1985. ‘Keep Givin’ Me Love’ and ‘Till I See You Again’ were also chart hits.
• BBR is very proud to bring you the first ever CD release of LIFE, completely remastered and repackaged complete with extensive liner notes and extended bonus content. LIFE is an absolutely essential purchase for all Eighties R&B, Soul, Pop and Funk fans out there!
2. KEEP GIVIN' ME LOVE
3. JUST LET ME LOVE YOU
5. TILL I SEE YOU AGAIN
6. MY TIME
8. DO YOU WANNA HAVE SOME FUN
9. STRAIGHT UP
BONUS TRACKS :
11. MY TIME (SINGLE VERSION)
12. KEEP GIVIN' ME LOVE (SINGLE VERSION)
13. MY TIME (12” EXTENDED DANCE MIX)
14. MY TIME (12" INSTRUMENTAL MIX)
Label : Big Break Records
Ean : 5013929054837
If you want to order this great album and live outise the Netherlands, no problem.
We shipped worldwide en paypments can be done isn $, GBP & Euro by Paypal.
Ask for the right post & shipping amount.
Send e-mail to email@example.com