Gladys Knight & The Pips - On & On: The Buddah/Columbia Anthology 2-cd
• SoulMusic Records is very proud to present “On & On: The Buddah/Columbia Anthology,” a hit-filled 2-CD by the iconic Gladys Knight & The Pips, whose international appeal spanned over three decades from the mid-60s to the mid-80s.
• This 37-track collection of recordings by the legendary family group (Gladys, brother Merald ‘Bubba’ Knight and cousins William Guest and Edward Patten) focuses on a particularly successful period of their consistent presence as mainstay global hitmakers from 1973-1985.
• Initially achieving US acclaim in the early ‘60s with ‘Every Beat Of My Heart’ and ‘Letter Full Of Tears’, the group’s dynamic stage act (with nifty choreography and distinctive harmonies) resulted in a 1966 contract with Motown Records and while some key hits provided a great platform for international exposure, by the early-’70s, Gladys & The Pips were ready to experience a new level of mainstream recognition.
• Disc One of this anthology chronicles the group’s five-year run of non-stop hits for Buddah Records, including the timeless ‘Midnight Train To Georgia’, ‘Best Thing That Ever Happened To Me’ and a live medley of ‘The Way We Were’ and ‘Try To Remember’. Drawn from eight Buddah albums that included production by Curtis Mayfield, Tony Camillo and Van McCoy among others, “The Buddah Years” features over a dozen charted singles and an alternate mix of ‘Make Yours A Happy Home’ from the Claudine soundtrack.
• Disc Two chronicles the group’s five years with Columbia Records during which they initially reunited with Nick Ashford & Valerie Simpson (with whom they had worked at Motown), resulting in further hits such as ‘Landlord’ and ‘Taste Of Bitter Love’. Further success came with ‘Save The Overtime (For Me)’, ‘You’re Number One (In My Book)’ and an early version of the pop classic ‘Wind Beneath My Wings’.
• A first-of-its-kind comprehensive collection drawn from both Buddah and Columbia albums by the group, it includes all (22) US charted hits released over a twelve-year span.
• Liner notes by renowned US writer Kevin Goins include quotes from former Buddah executive Cecil Holmes, songwriter Jim Weatherley, arranger/musician Ray Chew and producer / songwriter Charles Kipps; with remastering by Nick Robbins, artwork by Roger Williams
Cd 1 : The Makings Of You – The Buddah Years (1973-1978)
1. The Way We Were / Try To Remember
2. Midnight Train To Georgia
3. I've Got To Use My Imagination
4. Best Thing That Ever Happened To Me
5. Where Peaceful Waters Flow
6. On And On
7. To Be Invisible
8. The Makings Of You
9. Make Yours A Happy Home (Alternate Mix)
10. I Feel A Song (In My Heart)
11. Love Finds It's Own Way
12. The Need To Be
13. Part Time Love
14. So Sad The Song
15. Everybody's Got To Find A Way
16. Little Bit Of Love
17. Baby Don't Change Your Mind
18. Walk Softly
19. Come Back And Finish What You Started
20. It's A Better Than Good Time
Cd 2 : We Need Hearts - The Columbia Years (1980-1985)
2. Taste Of Bitter Love
3. Still Such A Thing
4. Get The Love
5. Add It Up
6. Bourgie', Bourgie'
7. We Need Hearts
8. I Will Fight
9. A Friend Of Mine
10. Reach High
11. When You're Far Away
12. Save The Overtime (For Me)
13. You're Number One (In My Book)
15. You've Got My Word On That
16. Kiss Away The Pain
17. Hero (Aka Wind Beneath My Wings)
Label : SoulMusic Records SMCR 5180D
Ean : 5013929088030
If you want to order this great album and live outise the Netherlands, no problem.
We shipped worldwide en paypments can be done isn $, GBP & Euro by Paypal.
Ask for the right post & shipping amount.
Send e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Verzendkosten / Post shipping : choose 1 cd.