NIET MEER LEVERBAAR !
Harold Melvin & the Blue Notes - To Be True (Expanded Edition).
• Starting their career as the Charlemagnes in 1954, Philadelphian Harold Melvin and his Blue Notes notched up nine hit singles in the UK and many more in the US. Signing with Kenny Gamble & Leon Huff’s Philadelphia International Records in 1972 they quickly became household names, producing classic soul and pop hits such as If You Don’t Know Me By Now, The Love I Lost, Wake Up Everybody and Don’t Leave Me This Way. All those great recordings exhibited the lush, highly orchestrated Philly Soul sound and incredible vocal talents of lead singer Teddy Pendergrass, helping the group become Soul royalty along the way.
• The groups third LP on PIR was TO BE TRUE. Released in 1975, and following on from I Miss You (1972) and Black and Blue (1973) (both of which have been remastered on BBR), this album built on the group’s previous successes by topping the R&B album charts and cracking the Pop top 30 while also producing three top ten R&B singles. Ranging from sweeping, proto-disco tracks to smouldering ballads all the elements of Gamble and Huff’s prized song-writing and production talents are to the fore on TO BE TRUE.
• ‘Where Are All My Friends’ (R&B #8), the driving, energetic first single and opening track, as well as the addictive up-tempo groove and second single ‘Bad Luck’ (R&B #4) (which sees Pendergrass on top form), were penned by McFadden & Whitehead along with Victor Carstarphen, a member of PIR’s legendary house band MFSB, who provide all the stunning instrumentation on the album under Gamble & Huff’s expert direction. The group saved the best for last with R&B chart topper and trademark Gamble & Huff ballad with ‘Hope That We Can Be Together Soon,’ a duet with versatile vocalist Sharon Paige, who also adds further textures to the groups harmonies throughout the album.
• BBR is thrilled to present this expanded and remastered edition of TO BE TRUE in a deluxe super jewel case with extensive liner notes and added bonus content including “A Tom Moulton Mix” of ‘Bad Luck.’
1. Where Are All My Friends - Harold Melvin & the Blue Notes
2. To Be True - Harold Melvin & the Blue Notes
3. Pretty Flower - Harold Melvin & the Blue Notes
4. Hope That We Can Be Together Soon - Harold Melvin & the Blue Notes
5. Nobody Could Take Your Place - Harold Melvin & the Blue Notes
6. Somewhere Down the Line - Harold Melvin & the Blue Notes
7. Bad Luck - Harold Melvin & the Blue Notes
8. It's All Because of a Woman - Harold Melvin & the Blue Notes
9. Hope That We Can Be Together Soon - Harold Melvin & the Blue Notes
10. Bad Luck - Harold Melvin & the Blue Notes
Label : Big Break Records
Cat# : CDBBRX 0343
Barcode : 5013929064331
If you want to order this great album and live outise the Netherlands, no problem.
We shipped worldwide en paypments can be done isn $, GBP & Euro by Paypal.
Ask for the right post & shipping amount.
Send e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org