• By the time she recorded JUST A MATTER OF TIME, her final Blue Note album in 1976, Marlena Shaw was a consistent performer, building a strong base among soul and jazz fans thanks to what would become future classics such as ‘Woman Of The Ghetto’ and ‘California Soul.’
• With production by noted New York hitmaker Bert DeCoteaux, JUST A MATTER OF TIME was the follow-up to her much-acclaimed 1975 LP, “Who is This Bitch, Anyway?”(reissued by SoulMusic Records In 2012, SMCR-5066, the third of Marlena’s Blue Note sets released by the label alongside “From The Depths Of My Soul, SMCR-5027).
• A best-selling US charted jazz album, JUST A MATTER OF TIME included the upstate New York-born vocalist’s take on ‘This Time I’ll Be Sweeter’ (a song also recorded by Linda Lewis and Martha Reeves and later Angela Bofill and Roberta Flack); her own, ‘No Hidin’ Place’; Frederick Knight’s ‘Be For Real’; and ‘Love Has Gone Away,’ previously recorded by The Spinners.
• One of the standout cuts on the album, ‘It’s Better Than Walkin’ Out’ also provided a historic first for the prestigious Blue Note label when a 12” disco single version was issued, reaching the Top 10 on Billboard’s Dance Music and Club Play charts in 1976; it’s included as a bonus cut on this expanded edition of JUST A MATTER OF TIME which (apart from a Japanese Ltd pressing) is making its worldwide CD debut.
• Includes notes by renowned U.S. writer A. Scott Galloway with quotes from a 2013 interview with Marlena for this reissue.
1. IT'S BETTER THAN WALKIN' OUT
2. BRASS BAND
3. THIS TIME I'LL BE SWEETER
4. THINK ABOUT ME
5. YOU AND ME
6. LOVE HAS GONE AWAY
7. SING TO ME
8. TAKE MY BODY
9. BE FOR REAL
10. NO HIDING PLACE
11. IT'S BETTER THAN WALKIN' OUT (12”
BLUE NOTE SINGLE)
Label : Soul Music Redcords
Ean : 5013929080331
If you want to order this great album and live outise the Netherlands, no problem.
We shipped worldwide en paypments can be done isn $, GBP & Euro by Paypal.
Ask for the right post & shipping amount.
Send e-mail to email@example.com