•LOST CLASSIC PHILADELPHIA INTERNATIONAL ALBUM MAKING ITS INTERNATIONAL CD DEBUT!
• William Howard “Monk” Montgomery was born in 1921 in Indianapolis IN. and was a Jazz bassist who along with his two brothers, Wes and Buddy, played together as the Montgomery Brothers releasing a number of albums.
• MONK MONTGOMERY is widely recognized as being perhaps the first electric bassist of any real significance to Jazz and introduced the Fender Precision Bass to the genre around 1951 however he is more famously seen playing the Fender Jazz Bass which would become his signature instrument alongside his use of a double bass.
• MONK MONTGOMERY released a number of solo albums and in 1974 found himself signed to the legendary Philadelphia International Records where he released his fourth studio album, REALITY.
• BBR is proud to bring you its latest Philadelphia International Records reissue, MONK MONTGOMERY – REALITY was produced by Bobby Martin who also lends his musical skills on the Fender Rhodes alongside Ron Kersey on guitar and Vince Montana on the vibraphone.
• Notable tracks on REALITY include the fantastically produced title track and MONK MONTGOMERY’S wonderful rendition of Billy Paul’s Philly International hit, ‘Me & Mrs. Jones’ and ‘Girl Talk’.
1 Reality 5:41
2 Me & Mrs. Jones 4:11
3 Sippin' and Trippin' 5:55
4 Bump de Bump 3:16
5 I Love You Camille 5:25
6 Little O's 6:00
7 Girl Talk 5:09
8 Close Your Face 4:50
9 Reality 3:36 ( Single Version)
Label : Big Break Records
Ean : 5013929054332
If you want to order this great album and live outise the Netherlands, no problem.
We shipped worldwide en paypments can be done isn $, GBP & Euro by Paypal.
Ask for the right post & shipping amount.
Send e-mail to email@example.com