The Spirit Of Philadelphia 4 Ever.
The Spirit Of Philadelphia series is back with a fourth installment, a further 17 track feast of Philly gems from the music’s heyday in the 1970s. In keeping with the tradition of the series, most cuts are either rare on CD or previously unreleased in this format. These are the recordings beyond the walls of Kenny Gamble and Leon Huff’s Philadelphia International Records but involve many key musicians, arrangers and artists.
At the disco end of the spectrum are three Tom Moulton mixes included here, Monday After’s “Merry-Go-Round” extremely rare on Buddah Records promo 12” unavailable commercially until now. Detailed liner notes reveal how events surrounding the Everett ‘Blood’ Hollins track lead to the birth of Chic and how Van McCoy’s music was inspired by the sound of Philadelphia. This plus soul legends including The Temptations and Ben E. King at their Philly best.
1) How Have You Been - Everett 'Blood' Hollins
2) Love You Just As Long As I Can - Free Spirit
3) Ready Willing And Able - The Temptations
4) No Danger Ahead - Ben E. King
5) Don't Close The Book - The Futures
6) Merry-Go-Round (Tom Moulton 12" Mix) - Monday After
7) Life is What You Make It - Tapestry
8) Keeping Up With The Joneses - Billy Proctor & Love System
9) All I Need - Anacostia
10) Keep In Touch - The Choice Four
11) Cup (Runneth Over) - Ronnie Dyson
12) I Was A Lonely Man - Philly Devotions
13) Fancy Meeting You Here Baby - Lenny Welch
14) I'm Ready To Give Up My Love - Final Touch
15) Day After Day (Night After Night) - The Reflections
16) Don't Put Me Down - Finishing Touch
17) All You Ever Wanted To Know About Love - The Tymes
Label: Expansion Records
CD EXP 54
If you want to order this great album and live outise the Netherlands, no problem.
We shipped worldwide en paypments can be done isn $, GBP & Euro by Paypal.
Ask for the right post & shipping amount.
Send e-mail to email@example.com