• T-Connection, formed in 1975, were a Funk/Disco group who hailed from reportedly one of the funkiest places on the planet, Nassau, in the Bahamas. Looking to further their chances of success the group leader, Theophilus “T” Coakley (vocals, guitar and keyboards) persuaded the other members of the group, his brother Kirkwood Coakley (bass, drums), David Mackey (guitars) and Anthony Flowers (drums, percussion) to take the short flight to Miami, Florida shortly after the birth of the group. Shortly after arriving T-Connection signed with dash Records, an off-shoot of the very successful Miami based T.K. Disco imprint.
• In 1977 the group broke through with the first single from their second Dash album “Magic” with “Do What You Wanna Do” which reached #1 on the Billboard Disco chart and #15 R&B.
• The following year, having expanded to a six-piece, T-Connection released this, their eponymous third LP which kept the group in the limelight reaching #20 R&B and #51 Pop on the US album charts. This great set of funky tracks shows off the group’s versatility to its fullest incorporating Funk, Disco, Rock and their Caribbean roots.
• The first single from T-CONNECTION is arguably the strongest on the album; “At Midnight” is a solid party funk groove with a strong afro/latin feel incorporating timbales and steel drums into the rhythm. ‘At Midnight’ peaked at #3 Disco, #32 R&B and #56 Pop in early ’79 and has a bonus version featured here and the single reached #52 Pop on the UK charts. The second single ‘Saturday Night’ reached #28 R&B in the US, and #41 in the UK. Another highlight is ‘Don’t Stop The Music,’ another very strong groove which isn’t too far removed from The Commodores sound of that era.
• BBR is delighted to bring you this newly re-mastered and fully expanded edition of T-CONNECTION.
• Complete with extensive liner notes and added bonus content this BBR re-master is a must have for all Funk, Soul, Disco and R&B fans out there!
1 Funkannection 5:07
2 Coming Back for More 3:32
3 Funky Lady 3:59
4 Don't Stop the Music 4:33
5 Saturday Night 4:30
6 At Midnight 5:07
7 Midnight Train 4:33
8 Love Supreme 5:05
9 At Midnight 9:45 (12 " Disco Version)
10 Saturday Night 6:53 (12 " Disco Version)
11 At Midnight 3:37 (Single Version)
12 Saturday Night 4:02 (Single Version)
Label : Big Break Records
Ean : 5013929054431
If you want to order this great album and live outise the Netherlands, no problem.
We shipped worldwide en paypments can be done isn $, GBP & Euro by Paypal.
Ask for the right post & shipping amount.
Send e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org