• Cavin Yarbrough and Alisa Peoples were childhood friends from Dallas, Texas who went on to have great chart success as an R&B duo through the 1980's. While on tour as a backing vocalist with Leon Russell in the late 1970's Cavin met the Wilson Brothers from The Gap Band, who in turn introduced Cavin to their collaborator Lonnie Simmons and his Total Experience Recording Studios who produced the duos debut album and later signed them to his Total Experience label, joining The Gap Band on the roster.
• Yarbrough & Peoples second album, HEARTBEATS was released through Total Experience Records in 1983, due to producer Simmons securing a distribution deal with Polygram for his label during the previous year. Commercially Heartbeats perhaps suffered from "second album syndrome” because of the great success of debut LP "The Two Of Us” (CDBBRX0195) and the three year gap between releases. Peaking at #25 R&B the album, which also provided 2 R&B hit singles, picked up from where the debut had left off with Simmons trademark slick, mid-tempo production style.
• The first single released was the title track and album opener ‘Heartbeats.’ Charting at #10 R&B and #101 Pop ‘Heartbeats’ is an intense slice of electronic soul with a pulsing synth bass line and unwavering beat allied to progressive synth lines, vocoder vocal effects and the rhythmic phrasing of Cavin and Alisa's passionate vocals. Second single ‘Feels So Good’ peaked at #20 R&B in the spring of 1983 and is closely related to their debut hit ‘Don't Stop The Music’ with its solid mid tempo expansive groove, dynamic synth work and the response "when the music feels so good I don't wanna' stop.”
• Other stand out tracks on this superb album are the playful soul groove ‘You Love Me, You Love Me Not,’ the feel good dancer ‘Party Night’ and the more traditional, piano led R&B balled ‘What About Me’ which closes the record.
• BBR is very proud to present HEARTBEATS, expertly remastered and complete with extensive liner notes and bonus tracks. HEARTBEATS completes BBR's re-master series of all four of Yarbrough & peoples studio albums and is absolutely essential listening for all R&B, Soul, Funk and Disco fans.
1 Heartbeats 6:15
2 Innermost Feelings 3:29
3 Feels So Good 5:45
4 You Love Me, You Love Me Not 3:13
5 As One 3:43
6 What's That You Slipped Into My Wine 4:35
7 Party Night 3:42
8 What About Me 4:04
9 Heartbeats 7:10 (12" Version)
10 Feels So Good 8:04 (12" Version)
11 Heartbeats 7:09 (12" Instrumental Version)
12 Feels So Good 4:38 (Instrumental Version)
13 Heartbeats 4:03 (Single Version)
Label : Big Break Records
Ean : 5013929060739
If you want to order this great album and live outise the Netherlands, no problem.
We shipped worldwide en paypments can be done isn $, GBP & Euro by Paypal.
Ask for the right post & shipping amount.
Send e-mail to email@example.com